4-Panel Unique Mahogany Exterior Single Door Slab – 40 El Vino
$1,783 – $4,763
Add Ons Available:
Add an additional 1-2 weeks for pre-hang services
This door is Available Now at Meade’s. You can purchase it now and pick it up during regular business hours.
Manufacturer: AAW Doors, Inc.
For over 30 years, AAW has served as one of the leaders in wood working design and manufacturing. From their Los Angeles headquarters they distribute quality doors and wood products to customers who demand the best. Their hand-selected wood, unique designs, competitive prices and large inventory has earned AAW an international reputation. AAW is one of the few companies that still uses solid wood for exterior doors. They use only premium wood, from sustainable managed forests, to produce products under the strictest manufacturing standards and quality control. They have advanced from a modest facility to a massive company owned complex that occupies an entire city block.
Please note that it is best practice to have the installer of the door approve the size and specifications you are purchasing. Even if a salesperson works with you in store or virtually, Meade’s cannot be responsible for any measures or builds unless we have been on jobsite, and you have purchased a measure from Meade’s. We will build to standard measurements, or the measurements given during a customization.
Door Slab Specifics:
- Please note that the “beauty shot” of the door is only to highlight the door’s features and may show the door finished, styled or with other add-ons. Note that this door slab will come per the specifications listed for the door unless add-ons are purchased.
- Door slabs come as “blanks” to the size indicated with no holes bored, hinge preps, handles or hardware unless otherwise noted.
- Doors are only bored and prepped during install or the pre-hanging process.
- The door is described as being raw wood, primed or pre-finished. Raw wood and primed doors will require a finish, please see finishing options tab for further information.
- Door sizes are stated in industry standard nomenclature. For example, a fiberglass door slab measuring true 35 ¾” will be referred to as 36”. If you are buying a pre-hung unit, this will not necessarily affect your installation. However, if you are buying a door slab to replace a door slab, this will impact your installation. Please reach out to our staff to clarify the exact door measurements or confer with your installer.
Estimated delivery time:
- In Stock Now – Available for immediate pickup from Meade’s Tucker warehouse location
- All other orders are available in approximately 6-8 weeks
- Add 2 weeks for pre-hang options
- Add 2 weeks for staining options
- Add 1 weeks for installation
* Please note that delivery times are still severely affected by the global crisis. Please contact customer service if you have any questions or concerns about your timeline. We still recommend that if a customer has a “drop dead must have date”, they order an in-stock door.
Warranties: AAW Doors warranties its products against manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of shipment to the retailer. It is the responsibility of the customer, contractor, installer, & finisher to follow these requirements to validate your warranty. See link to full warranty.
* For a wood door it is CRITICAL that you finish and seal your door immediately to validate your warranty. You can hire Meade’s to do this or AAW finishing specifics are outlined in their warranty.
*We do NOT recommend putting a storm door over any door. In most cases, this invalidates the warranty because it causes an excess of moisture and heat build up and might cause the door to split or warp.
Exterior Pre-hung Specifications: By selecting the pre-hanging option, you will receive a door hinged, prepped for handle and assembled in a frame (also called the door “jamb”). Each pre-hung door unit is weathertight and includes:
- 4-9/16″ wide jambs
- Adjustable Aluminum door sill (threshold) in Bronze
- Door sweep
- 3 Oil Rubbed Bronze hinges on doors less than 84” tall and 4 ORB Hinges on doors greater than 84” tall
- Exterior brickmould
- Mull posts (where applicable)
- T-astragal (for double doors)
- Pre-drilled door for handle and deadbolt (on active door for doubles)
- We will pre-drill the door for a handle with 2-3/8”
- Bore diameter: 2-1/8″
- Deadbolt is drilled 5-1/2″ above the handle center to center
- Double door units include T-astrigal and a pair of flush bolts installed on the secondary (passive) door
- Note: Jamb will not be prepped for strike plates or bored for plungers. This will need to be done on site by installer.
Check out the How To Measure vidoes on our FAQ page:
BEST: Rough Opening
BETTER: Outside of Jamb to Outside of Jamb or Frame of Door:
GOOD: Inside of Jamb to Inside of Jamb:
GOOD: Brickmould to Brickmould:
Please review the below reference chart to determine the size of exterior door you need.
Selecting A Door Handing Option: